We'll need to support a list of EKUs if this becomes a requirement.  Server
Auth certificates should be able to support lots of different EKUs, for
example:
id-kp-serverAuth
id-kp-clientAuth
id-kp-ipsecEndSystem
id-kp-ipsecTunnel
id-kp-ipsecUser
KDC Authentication
Smart Card Logon
iPSec IKE
IKE Intermediate

> Arguments for this requirement are that it reduces risk of an incident in
> which
> one type of certificate affecting another type, and it could allow some
> policies to be restricted to specific types of certificates.
>
> It was pointed out that Microsoft already requires dedicated intermediates
> [1].

I agree with using dedicated intermediates, but I'd prefer that they should not
be required to be EKU constrained.