Unless there is further discussion, I will consider this issue closed with
the following change to section 5.3, meaning that it applies to both
unconstrained and technically constrained intermediates:

Subordinate CA certificates created after January 1, 2019:
* MUST contain an EKU extension; and,
* MUST NOT include the anyExtendedKeyUsage KeyPurposeId; and,
* MUST NOT include both the id-kp-serverAuth and id-kp-emailProtection
KeyPurposeIds in the same certificate.

- Wayne

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 5:58 PM, pfuentes69--- via dev-security-policy <