Hi all,

I'd like to make everyone aware of a service I've just stood up, called
pwnedkeys.com.  It's intended to serve as a clearinghouse of known-exposed
private keys, so that services that accept public keys from external
entities (such as -- relevant to mdsp's interests -- CAs) can make one call
to get a fairly authoritative answer to the question "has the private key
I'm being asked to interact with in some way been exposed?".

It's currently loaded with great piles of Debian weak keys (from multiple
architectures, etc), as well as some keys I've picked up at various times.
I'm also developing scrapers for various sites where keys routinely get
dropped.

The eventual intention is to be able to go from "private key is on The
Public Internet somewhere" to "shows up in pwnedkeys.com" automatically and
in double-quick time.

I know there are a number of very clever people on this list who have found
and extracted keys from more esoteric places than Google search, and I'd be
really interested in talking to you (privately, I'd imagine) about getting
specimens of those keys to add to the database.

I'd also welcome comments from anyone about the query API, the attestation
format, the documentation, or anything else vaguely relevant to the service.
Probably best to take that off-list, though.

I do have plans to develop a PR against (the AWS Labs') certlint to cause it
to query the API, so there's no need for anyone to get deep into that unless
they're feeling especially frisky.  Other linting tools will *probably* have
to do their own development, as my Go skills are... rudimentary at best,
shall we say.  I'd be happy to give guidance or any other necessary help to
anyone looking at building those, though.

Finally, if any CAs are interested in integrating the pwnedkeys database
into their issuance pipelines, I'd love to discuss how we can work together.

Thanks,
- Matt