The total number of certs impacted is about 2200. Just more info.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> On
Behalf Of Jeremy Rowley via dev-security-policy
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:28 PM
To: mozilla-dev-security-policy
<mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: Underscore characters

We're looking at the feasibility of replacing the certificates with
underscore characters by Jan 15th. Revoking all of the certificates will
cause pretty bad outages. We're prepared to revoke them but would like to
discuss (before the date) what should happen if we don't revoke. There are
about 15 customers (which I can't disclose the names yet but am working on
the list of certs). The number of certificates range between 1700-100
certificates per customer.

The primary reason for this is every one of these organization are in a
holiday blackout.  The blackout periods end between Jan 12-Feb 15. Can we
start this discussion now on what this means? I'll provide certificate lists
as I have a timeline on when they plan on replacing.

Jeremy