GlobalSign concurs.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> On
Behalf Of Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2019 2:51 PM
To: mozilla-dev-security-policy
<mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: Applicability of SHA-1 Policy to Timestamping CAs

I've been asked if the section 5.1.1 restrictions on SHA-1 issuance apply to
timestamping CAs. Specifically, does Mozilla policy apply to the issuance of
a SHA-1 CA certificate asserting only the timestamping EKU and chaining to a
root in our program? Because this certificate is not in scope for our policy
as defined in section 1.1, I do not believe that this would be a violation
of the policy. And because the CA would be in control of the entire contents
of the certificate, I also do not believe that this action would create an
unacceptable risk.

I would appreciate everyone's input on this interpretation of our policy.

- Wayne