On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 5:30 PM Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy <

> My ultimate intent was to try to formulate a way in which GRCA could
> provide certificates for the applications that they're having to support
> for their clients today without having to essentially plan to be
> non-compliant for a multi-year period.

Matthew,

The existing policy allows for technical solutions to achieve this. Do you
think it's unreasonable to expect that a well-operated CA should be
knowledgeable enough about PKI and client behaviours to identify and
implement such existing technical solutions? If you do, do you have a sense
of where the balance is between the community spelling out the technical
solutions for such problems versus the CA being able to manage to do so
themselves?

Considering the critical role that publicly trusted CAs play, it doesn't
seem too unreasonable to expect them to be as knowledgeable as this
community in matters of PKI, if not more knowledgeable.