I went ahead and added this change to the 2.7 branch:
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/commit/1e7f4edb97c4497e2e04442797ebc670e9d80b44

I removed the phrase "In addition to existing rules placed on the structure
of CPs and CPSes that comply with the CA/Browser Forum Baseline
Requirements" because we have S/MIME-only CP/CPS' in our program that don't
have to comply with the BRs.

Given that this is already a required practice, I don't expect there to be
any concerns from CAs with the compliance date. If there are any CAs that
will have difficulty with this date, please explain why and what a more
reasonable date would be.