On Friday, 10 May 2019 19:00:11 UTC+2, Wayne Thayer  wrote:

> I share the concern that option #2 sends a confusing message. As Jonathan
> stated, why should we distrust a CA for all but the most important websites
> they secure?

I'd say that both "too big to fail" and "too important to fail" are not
particularly good reasons for trusting something/somebody.

It's understandable that as a browser you'd want to limit the collateral damage
of distrusting a CA, but your first priority should definitely be limiting the
possible damage from trusting a CA that has turned out not to be trustworthy.

CU Hans