Hi Wayne,
inserting my comments below.
Best,
Pedro

El viernes, 10 de mayo de 2019, 23:54:40 (UTC+2), Wayne Thayer  escribió:
> I have drafted the change as proposed, moving the exact "Required Practice"
> language into section 3.3 of the policy:
> https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/commit/803ec1a1414318a69491854a867dc69889442b7b
>
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 11:36 AM Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy <
> dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I totally agree about the (...) be disclosed in the CPS.
> >

> Pedro: I agree with you if there is only one CP. However when there are
> multiple CPs, there needs to be some way to determine which one applies to
> each CA certificate. Does the language I proposed give you enough
> flexibility to meet the requirement without forcing the listing of every
> intermediate in your CPs?

My point about the wording is that you propose to disclose this information in
both the CP and the CPS, and I propose that this is made mandatory in the CPS
only, as it can happen that the CA is adopting a CP defined by another entity.
So I'd prefer a wording that says: "CPSes must clearly indicate which root and
intermediate certificates the practices and processes described in CPs and
CPSes documents apply to. "

> My rational is that (...) a leaf certificate with a CP
> >

> Can we determine which CP applies to a given intermediate based on OIDs?

Right now is only mandatory to use the OIDs in SSL certificates, but we
embraced this as a general practice for the new CAs we are deploying, so all
new certificates include a policy OID, as stipulated in the related CP
document, independently if are SSL or Personal certificates.

>    * its own CPS, that (...)  a particular kind, but this
> > information must be disclosed in the CA's CPS.
> >

> I think it is okay if a CP isn't aware of a particular CA certificate, as
> long as there is some clear way to determine which CP applies to that
> intermediate. How does the CPS identify which CP applies to each
> intermediate?

Actually we updated recently our WISeKey CPS to accommodate this change.
Previously we were relying on publishing the current version of the list of
Issuing CAs in the website, but I added this explicitly in the WISeKey CPS.
If you check our new CPS (you can get it at
https://filevault.wisekey.com/f/7bc86620ea/?dl=1) you'll find the method we use
to disclose this:
- In section 1.3.1 we disclose the Roots and Intermediates and in particular in
section 1.3.1.3 we clarify about the Issuing CAs and we make a reference to the
Annex B (using an Annex because of the different page format so it's easer to
read and maintain)
- In Annex B (page 63 at the end of the doc) we add the list of the active
intermediate and issuing CAs, mapping it to the allowed CP they issue

I think the only place where we can disclose this is in the WISeKey CPS, as the
CP documents published by the OISTE Foundation set the rules to be implemented
by the CAs operating in the trust model, but aren't necessarily aware of the
particular Issuing CAs allowed to issue the CP.