The BRs forbid delegation of domain and IP address validation to third
parties. However, the BRs don't forbid delegation of email address
validation nor do they apply to S/MIME certificates.

Delegation of email address validation is already addressed by Mozilla's
Forbidden Practices [1] state:

"Domain and Email validation are core requirements of the Mozilla's Root
Store Policy and should always be incorporated into the issuing CA's
procedures. Delegating this function to 3rd parties is not permitted."

I propose that we move this statement (changing "the Mozilla's Root Store
Policy" to "this policy") into policy section 2.2 "Validation Practices".

This is https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/175

I will appreciate everyone's input on this proposal.

- Wayne

[1]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Forbidden_or_Problematic_Practices#Delegation_of_Domain_.2F_Email_Validation_to_Third_Parties