On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 1:45:06 PM UTC-4, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> (In a personal capacity, as normally noted but making sure to extra-note it
> here)
>
> Hi Wayne,
>
> It wasn't clear to me from the inclusion request, did Entrust give a reason
> for the requested addition? For example, do they plan to stop issuing from
> one of the included roots and have it removed?

The purpose of the inclusion request is to add a 4096-bit RSA root which will
be used to support larger keys as we move ahead. We are not looking at this
root to replace our current roots, but plan to migrate to the new root as the
demand for larger keys grows. We are not planning remove any of our roots at
this time.

Bruce.