On 2019-08-13 05:27, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>
writes:

Mozilla has announced that we plan to relocate the EV UI in Firefox 70, which
is expected to be released on 22-October. Details below.

Just out of interest, how are the CAs taking this?  If there's no more reason
to pay a substantial premium to enable additional UI bling in browsers, isn't
this going to kill the market for EV certs?

See the original mail for why the indication has been removed in browsers.

But EV is still useful for things like code signing and email. And I would argue that EV should be the only option for such certificates.

Kurt