Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>
writes:

>Your legendary dislike for all things X.509 is showing.

My dislike for persisting mindlessly with stuff we already know doesn't work
is showing (see in particular the quote typically misattributed to Einstein
about the definition of insanity), and given the rich target environment
that's available in the security field that's in no way limited to X.509.
Apart from that, you're quite correct.

It's not working.

It's obvious that it's not working.

It's been obvious for years that it's not working.

Time to try a new approach, rather than just repeating a new variant of what
we already know doesn't work all over again.

Peter.