Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com> writes:

>I don't think the hyperbole helps here.

It wasn't hyperbole, it was extreme surprise.  When someone told me about this
I couldn't believe it was still happening after the massive amount of
publicity it got at the time, so it was more a giant "WTF?!??" than anything
else.

Other CA certs with this issue include further audited and (in some cases) EV-
approved certs, all from Microsoft:

https://crt.sh/?id=988218851&opt=x509lint,zlint,cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=988140328&opt=zlint,x509lint,cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=988215004&opt=zlint,cablint,x509lint
https://crt.sh/?id=988137612&opt=x509lint,cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=1197076917&opt=x509lint,cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=1197067049&opt=x509lint,cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=1197079848&opt=x509lint,cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=1197075787&opt=x509lint,cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=554380367&opt=x509lint
https://crt.sh/?id=918173942&opt=x509lint,cablint

I don't know who trust what where, but Chrome at least seems to trust these
two:

https://crt.sh/?id=554380367&opt=x509lint
https://crt.sh/?id=918173942&opt=x509lint,cablint

>It's probably better to start a new thread if you'd like to talk about it
>further.

Sure, it just came to mind when I saw this thread, which is why I posted it
here.

Peter.