Hi Ryan:
As you wish.  I will start an incident report.  I do not believe there is a
compliance failure here.
Regards, Stephen

From: Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 1:57 PM
To: Stephen Davidson <stephen.david...@digicert.com>
Cc: Mozilla <mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>; Matt Palmer
<mpal...@hezmatt.org>
Subject: Re: QuoVadis: Failure to revoke key-compromised certificates within 24
hours

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 10:03 PM Stephen Davidson via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>>
 wrote:
Hello:
(Apologies if multiple copies of this are received.  The initial send was
bounced by mdsp.)

original problem report to QuoVadis.  The certificates he reported were revoked
in a time manner, and we acknowledged that additional certificates existed
using the compromised private keys, and that they would be revoked as we
identified them.  The client was notified of these additional certificates this
morning which are scheduled to be revoked tonight.

Stephen:

This seems like a valid incident report, and worth following up on in Bugzilla.
Would you like to open one with your preliminary findings, or would you like me
to create one to be filled in by QuoVadis?

When it comes to reports of private key compromises, it seems the CA should be
able to effectively determine the affected certificates (based on SPKI) and
ensure these are all revoked in a timely fashion. Revoking some of them, but
not all of them, seems like a BR violation.

It may be there are facts or understanding that's missing, and an incident
report can help identify those, as well as any root causes or systemic
mitigations to be deployed.