On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 2:02:39 AM UTC-4, Matt Palmer wrote:

> 1. *Are* there explicit prohibitions on issuing a certificate for a private
>    key which has been previously submitted *to that CA* as compromised
>    (assuming, of course, that the prior submission was valid), and I'm just
>    not good at finding said prohibitions?

BR 6.1.1.3 has a weak key clause, "The CA SHALL reject a certificate request if
the requested Public Key does not meet the requirements set forth in Sections
6.1.5 and 6.1.6 or if it has a known weak Private Key (such as a Debian weak
key, see http://wiki.debian.org/SSLkeys)."

I would think that "issuing a certificate for a private key which has been
previously submitted *to that CA* as compromised" is not in the spirit of the
weak key clause. It would be best if the CA would blacklist the public key to
prevent future issuance for the compromised private key.

Bruce.