Really appreciate advise and inputs Mark , thank you …

Does beg the question will they change the browser checks and how would we know

From: Mark Goodwin <mark.good...@hardenize.com>
Date: Tuesday, 7 July 2020 at 14:54
To: "marc.rn...@gmail.com" <marc.rn...@gmail.com>
Cc: "mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org"
<mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: Re: 398 Cert Life span 1Sep2020

Hi,

I can't answer for any of the vendors but I've read around this a bit; perhaps
the following will be of some use:

The Apple announcement states that the change affects "only TLS server
certificates issued from the Root CAs preinstalled with iOS" - therefore, I
think it's safe to assume locally added roots (from Internal CAs) will be
unaffected.

The Chromium change also appears to only apply to certs from known roots (
https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/master:net/cert/cert_verify_proc.cc;l=682?q=HasTooLongValidity&ss=chromium
 ) so Chrome, Edge and other Chromium based browsers look to be the same story.

Kind regards,

Mark

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 15:07, marc.rnlds--- via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>>
 wrote:
Hi All,

How will internal CA's be affected.

If I issue or have issued 2 years certificates, how will the browsers treat
these certificates ?

Just after guidance ..