-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> On
Behalf Of Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 11:59 AM
To: dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Mandatory reasonCode analysis

Starting today, the BRs require a reasonCode in CRLs and OCSP responses for
revoked CA certificates.  Since crt.sh already monitors CRLs and keeps track
of reasonCodes, I thought I would conduct some analysis to determine the
level of (non)compliance with these new rules.

It's not clear to me if (1) the new BR rules should be applied only to CRLs
and OCSP responses with thisUpdate timestamps dated today or afterwards, or
if (2) every CRL and OCSP response currently being served by distribution
points and responders (regardless of the thisUpdate timestamps) is required
to comply.  (I'd be interested to hear folks' opinions on this).

This gist contains my crt.sh query, the results as .tsv, and a .zip
containing all of the referenced CRLs:
https://gist.github.com/robstradling/3088dd622df8194d84244d4dd65ffd5f

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist

This message and any files associated with it may contain legally
privileged, confidential, or proprietary information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not permitted to use, copy, or forward it, in
whole or in part without the express consent of the sender. Please notify
the sender by reply email, disregard the foregoing messages, and delete it
immediately.