[Posting in a Google hat]

Several years ago [1], Kathleen opened a discussion about whether it would
be OK to post job opportunities here. While the discussion didn't come to a
firm conclusion, and there were those both for and against such postings, I
reached out to Ben and Kathleen to check that it would be OK before posting
this, and they shared that they were OK with it.

Emily (CC'd) was originally going to post this, but in light of [1], we
thought it might be better if I did. If you have any questions, you can
follow-up with Emily directly, and I'm always happy to connect you with
her, in the event you use a mail/newsgroup client that hides CCs here for
the message.

In case it's not obvious, this is the team I'm on here at Google. Given the
Chrome Root Program's goal [2] of continuing public collaboration here on
m.d.s.p., hopefully folks see this as directly relevant to this list :)

---

Chrome is hiring software engineers [3] and a TPM/PgM [4] interested in
security, PKI, applied crypto, and related topics in the Washington D.C.
area. These new hires will help build out Chrome's root program: managing
trust decisions in CAs, building and maintaining Chrome's certificate
verification and TLS stack, and building tooling and measurement software
for guiding policy decisions. This work is part of Chrome's Trusty
Transport team, with the full stack of HTTPS in scope, from BoringSSL to
TLS to the UI/UX of connection security. More broadly, the team is part of
the Chrome Trust and Safety org, which is growing the Washington D.C.
office rapidly this year, so there will be plenty of like-minded Chromies
around.

NOTE: The min qualifications listed in the software engineer posting are
exaggerated. We're hiring both senior and junior SWEs, so please apply if
you're interested, even if you don't meet the minimum qualifications listed.

---

[1]
https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.dev.security.policy/c/dn0qEZrxbQA/m/h9ojtox6AgAJ
[2]