On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 7:22 AM Hanno Böck <ha...@hboeck.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:21:20 +0100
> Hanno Böck <ha...@hboeck.de> wrote:
>
> > And I just happened to notice that the webpage of the CA/Browser Forum
> > has a revoked certificate
>
> Sorry I hit on send too early.
> I found that the cabforum.org web page has a revoked certificate issued
> by Go Daddy. So it seems they did revoke certificates *before* actually
> issuing and installing new ones. (Which is an issue for their
> customers, but it appears they were in line with the baseline
> requirements).

Further weirdness: the cert currently used by cabforum.org
(https://crt.sh/?sha256=
d5aa2ab2b13bcc157931cf5a779bdad694c4a9e26b35f02d2699191d153d8e3c) was
revoked today with reason keyCompromise but was also only issued
2021-11-20, which is three days after GoDaddy discovered the
unauthorized access
(https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1609711/000160971121000122/gddyblogpostnov222021.htm).

The previous cert for cabforum.org
(https://crt.sh/?sha256=2eaf96b667ce8d42c4618b6766361179cf31a464a63832d82d19da8ea819d22c)
was revoked 2021-11-20.

Did GoDaddy start to reissue certs and then discover they hadn't fully
closed attackers' access to their systems?

Alex