What problem do you believe would be solved by requiring destruction of key
material prior to expiration? Sadly, there are a lot of IoT, embedded
devices and older phones that still rely heavily on expired roots and
cannot be updated practically. You'd create a lot of e-waste and upset a
lot of consumers / enterprises if this proposal was adopted. Should the
device ecosystem work this way, no, but it reality, it does. The
ramifications of such a change would need to be well understood and
evaluated against any potential benefit.