Hi Ben,

Hypothetically, if a CVSS v3 9.8 Linux kernel zero-day is announced, and a
CA is running that version of the kernel on a Certificate System, are they
required to report it as a Security Vulnerability? I don't think that's the
intent, but I only reach that conclusion because the examples provided omit
this scenario. Adding this scenario to the examples would be a targeted
improvement, but I think the root of my confusion is the use of the generic
term Security Vulnerability when you mean something more specific. Assuming
that I understand your intent, a more comprehensive fix would be to invent
a term like "Exploitable Vulnerability", meaning a serious vulnerability
that has been discovered in the CA's environment and that could be
reasonably exploited by an attacker to create a security incident due to
the lack of sufficient mitigations.

Thanks,

Wayne