Feargal wrote:
> Sorry. I don't knwo where to post this but there is an email going around
> today suggesting that a new version of Firefox is available at
> http://www.firefox2006.com/gonz.htm
>
> I think this is a scam but cannot find any confirmation for this. Can anyone
> confirm.

It's not a scam.  It is expected to be released at 12.00 UTC today.

Actually, some people hunted around and found the code was already on
the FTP servers yesterday (things being put in place in readiness), so
I'm already running a copy on Linux.  It's nice.  The look and feel is
similar, and number of new features is not huge, evolutionary rather
than revolutionary, but I think the anti-phishing measures will be
especially welcome, so long as people don't then think this makes them
100% safe.

Check out the media for more proof.  Or wait 2 hours.

Presumably the release will roll out under automatic update...?

jez