Hi David,

So I represent a certification authority, I am also a user, a Linux
vendor and supporter of Open Source in general! Except the initial
questions and suggestions which were CA related and about which Gerv
either provided sufficient information or promised to take care of, my
proposals, suggestions and ideas were strictly related to the UI
behavior and handling of digital certificates in general by the current
Mozilla/Firefox browser.

In order to give the current thread a better meaning and take it out of
the current locked situation, I made a serious proposal how to solve
this better. As a matter of fact I proposed to form a group of
interested parties and individuals (which makes up the Mozilla
community), which should continue the discussion and return with results
(i.e. defined proposals and recommendations) to the original thread.

You may call this domination, but I'm prepared (and perhaps others) to
invest time and effort in order to make the handling of digital
certificates by Mozilla/Firefox better. Obviously the current situation
isn't sufficient (perhaps taken over and never changed since Netscape
times) and therefore I feel it important enough to make this
contribution. This has nothing to do with CA dominance, but perhaps with
some knowledge on the subject, being it as a CA, Linux distributer and
with lots of contact with user/clients of such certificates. I hope ,
that this changes your impression!

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.