Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
>
>> I'm afraid, but this isn't something the browser vendor controls, only
>> the CA. Not feasible.
>>

> But if certificate revocation is going to work, doesn't it have to be
> implemented by the browser?  Couldn't there be a role for Mozilla to
> play here?

First of all, revocation checking is working. Actually also here there
is some improvement to make, because you have to import the CRL
manually. OCSP is turned _off_ by default, I think. An improvement would
be to use the CRL distribution points identifier and import the CRL
automatic. Same is true for OCSP (if there is a OCSP service URL in the
certificate, it should be used).

However CRL's are issued by the CA, the browser vendor doesn't have any
function here.

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.