Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
I could get more into details here, but I spare you that ;-). But the obvious is, that the very operators of the sites in question have the solution to the problem much closer at hand than anybody else!

Really? Perhaps you could suggest it, if it's so easy.

People thought that having the site display an image the user had to recognise was one way - but a recent study shows that this doesn't work either. I'm sure site operators are trying to find ways to improve security as well, but they are having great difficulty, just as we are.

BTW, Eddy, it's spelt "phishing", with an H. :-)

to justify the selling of over-priced digital certification

If they are over-priced, then that's a business opportunity for you.
You must have some insider information, do you ;-)

No. I just want you to stop asserting that EV certs are overpriced unless you have some evidence that they are. And if you do, you should go into business against them with a cheaper offering and clean up in the market.

Gerv