"Gervase Markham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Gervase Markham wrote:
> > IE will also have a similar problem, but only if it has never
> > encountered a correctly-configured web server (i.e. it caches
> > intermediate certs). So IE in new installs of Windows will also have the
> > problem.
>
> Eddy has pointed out that this isn't quite correct; IE uses a
> non-standard method to try and find and download the intermediate cert.
> So you may not encounter problems in any version of IE. But, as Melelina
> says, you will get problems in Opera and other browsers as well as
Firefox.

> Gerv

IE 7 will throw the error but the solution is to download the new root cert
update from Microsoft for IE 7 and also IE6.
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B931125&x=11&y=12  It has the
Verisign immediate cert and others that Fx doesn't have.

I'm tired of hearing that IE uses a non-standard method to find and download
the intermediate cert. At any rate that is moot, because the cert is
included in the update I just mentioned. I still want to know why Fx doesn't
have the intermediate cert from Verisign.