Gervase Markham wrote:
> Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
>> The fact that connections to expired certificates are allowed by most if
>> not all browser vendors contributes to this problem, if this certificate
>> is removed from the CRL...than it's just an expired certificate which
>> was once valid, compared to a certificate which is actually revoked.
>
> Indeed. For Firefox 3, we plan to treat revoked and expired equally,
> preventing access in both cases.

Gerv, I am SO delighted to hear that!
But, I have not heard (or read) it anywhere else.  :-/

I gather that a lot of decisions about being made about the handling of
security errors and "overrides" for FF3, decisions that may change the way
things work significantly.  I applaud that, especially if it results in
fewer security errors being overridable on the "spur of the moment" by
someone who is actively falling for a phishing attack..

But where are these decisions being recorded?  Where can I go to read about
them, and try to keep up with them?

/Nelson