rael wrote:
>>> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalPreferencesRead");
>>> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalPreferencesWrite");
>>> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserWrite");
>>> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalFileRead");
>>> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalXPConnect");
>>> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserAccess");
>> Do you have those in the function that actually opens the window?
>> That's where you need the UniversalBrowserWrite, I think.

Note that you could (and should) request all the permissions you need in
a single call by passing them as space-separated tokens. That is
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege(
  "UniversalPreferencesRead UniversalBrowserAccess");

Then the user will see a single popup to grant all privileges at once.

When you return from the function in which they are enabled they become
disabled again.