Hi,
while the presented fake slash seems the best way to obviously scream THIS IS AN ATTACK, the fake question mark made me try to wipe some dirt from the screen until realizing that it is part of the character. I think I have found a way better workaround that will not be circumvented once someone bothers to look for more characters. The solution is:
network.IDN_show_punycode = true

Of course this is not possible for some users, but most average users (US/UK/DE) should not need IDN. As a german user (we have umlauts), I do not know a single site that uses them in the domain name, except for one that immediately redirects to an ascii-only domain. So it might be worth considering if we do not simply ask users if they want full IDN or rather punycode, or issue a warning pop-up on IDN sites ("This site uses unusual characters in the domain name. If you expected this, please ignore this warning, otherwise it might be an attack. Proceed with caution")

BTW: Character 2215 and 2044, maybe also 2571, 3003 seem similar, all are "fake slashes". I guess you want to blacklist them too if you try that way. 244A might be nasty too (double backslash as one char, may look like a trusted "local windows server"). Many fake pipe symbols too.

Jan

--
Please avoid sending mails, use the group instead.
If you really need to send me an e-mail, mention "FROM NG"