On 10/13/09 9:23 AM, Johnathan Nightingale wrote:
The temptation to attach UI to this problem sets off
"blame the user" alarms for me - do we think that uses will make better
decisions with this information? Like I say, I don't think we're at
WONTFIX on this question, but I don't think it's an easy problem to
solve correctly, either.

For the user this is merely informational (and therefore fully open to the charge of clutter). The idea is to enlist site authors/owners in pressuring CA's to step up their support so the uglybar on their site goes away. As opposed to completely blocking the site at which point the pressure is on _us_ for the CA's failure.

-Dan