I am pasting a post I made on June 7th in the mozilla.support.firefox
group. Someone in that group suggested I bring the problem here. I'll add
a bit at the end...
Our telephone company controls equipment by accessing the card slots
(called "Blades") via webserver. The blades and software come from Occam
Networks. Each blade is assigned a local IP. The first time we accessed
each blade we had to go through the invalid certificate routine and then
add the exception and all was well from then until just the last couple
of days. Now, on some of the blades, we're getting "server down" and when
we refresh the screen we get the certificate untrusted screen. Then when
we attempt to add exception, we get another screen telling us that the
site is valid and there is no need to add an exception. The only button
left to push is Cancel.

Please view http://mewnlite.com/getcertificate.jpg for clarification.

OK. We have three computers we use on this equipment.

On one of them I uninstalled Firefox 4.0.1 and deleted the associated
data folders and then installed Firefox 3.6.16. After adding all the
exceptions we can now access all the blades properly.

On the second one I did same as above except I reinstalled Firefox 4.0.1.
And everything works.

The third one is MY computer and I really really don't want to uninstall
and reinstall Firefox due to the amount of add-ons, theme, etc. I have. I
exported my passwords and bookmarks, then renamed cert8.db, key2.db, and
secmod.db. Since these are supposedly the files that store all the
certificate data, I thought this would start me out with a clean slate.
But no, it's doing the same things on the same blades.

I've called Occam and find that they're getting these complaints from
phone companies all over starting just a few days ago. And they're
working on it.
And I always hate to add this, but "it works in Internet Explorer" only
by pressing "Continue to this website anyway (not recommended)"

The Occam Company has always recommended Firefox. Our own company uses
Firefox. And *I* use Firefox! :-)

Does anyone know of a way where we can just bypass the certificates
altogether? This is an in house system so there shouldn't be any security
problems.
Since I posted this Firefox upgraded to 5.0 without even asking. If I
can't get this resolved soon we'll probably just switch over to IE.
Surely someone knows what file is holding that information. If I could
just delete or rename it, then add all the exceptions again, it would
sure beat uninstalling, deleting data folders, and reinstalling.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

--
            -- I'm out of white ink --