We had the same problem and found that Verisign G5 root certificate has to be
added to the local database NSS DB. To do this follow the steps below:

1) Download entire "Verisign root package" from
http://www.verisign.com/support/roots.html
2) Extract to a particular folder and add "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary
Certification Authority - G5.cer" to your database.

This problem is occurring because for certificate has verified and all the
intermediate issues also needs to be verified. Looks Verisign 2010
certificate is new one.