The script "principal" comes from the page origin, so in order to
run privileged script the page itself needs to be in the signed
archive. What you're trying to do simply won't work. It's been this
way for a long time because the type of mixing you are trying to do
led to security holes.

Although code-signing is still in the product it's never been an
advertised Firefox feature (it was inherited from Netscape 6), and
support will be removed in a future version. No date set, maybe next
year.

What you should do instead is create a "JetPack" that will do
whatever privileged operation you're trying to do. If you're OK with
users having to say "OK" to a big ugly permission dialog then asking
them to installa "restart-less" add-on one time shouldn't be a problem.

The obvious temptation is to inject an object or method into the
page, but it would be more secure to listen for events instead. Most
important would be to limit the effects of your add-on only to your
own site(s) to prevent your users from being hacked when visiting
malicious sites.

-Dan Veditz