I won't be able to make the call, but I've left one comment inline:

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM, ptheriault <ptheria...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Below is a summary of threats and controls for further discussion.
> Disclaimer: this is my understanding from various conversations, wiki pages,
> bugs and IRC chats, so it's rough, probably varies from whats implemented (or
> what the final goals are), but its a starting point. Ultimately the aim is a
> considered security model with security controls commensurate to the threats
> posed, but to start with I want to start a discussion regarding what threats
> have been considered so far in the project, and the current thoughts around
> what controls are in place or planned. I know that a lot of the things below
> have already been considered in the project prior to me coming on board so
> the main aim for me is to run through the state of things, and start
> capturing the B2G security model.
>
> Firstly I wanted to document some assumptions:
>
> - All B2G applications will be Web Apps - there is no such thing as native
> applications. Some web apps may be treated differently though based on
> security characteristics (e.g. Came shipped with the phone, loaded from
> trusted location, local access only, served over SSL only etc)
> - B2G will ship with a number of included Web Apps (Gaia) to handle all the
> tasks of running the device. These could potentially be replaced by the user
> with alternatives
> - Web APIs will provide access to Web Apps so they can perform their desired
> role. E.g. An app acting as a Dialer will need access to the Web Telephony
> API, in order to to make telephone calls
> - Access to sensitive APIs will be controlled by permissions
>
> Threats Summary
> =============
> In order to discuss the security measures built into B2G, we need to discuss
> the threats posed.The following is a high level list of threats for further
> discussion:
>
> - Platform Vulnerabilities
>        - Exploit gives control of content process
>        - Attack against other processes (media server, rild etc)?
> - Malicious Web App
>        - User tricked installing malicious application
>        - Legitimate app is compromised at the network layer
>        - Compromised web app server for Web Apps hosted remotely
> - Vulnerable Web App
>        - Web application security threats (XSS, SQLi, etc)

^^^ One way to address this threat is to require that B2G apps have a
Content-Security-Policy that meets some minimum bar.  Chrome has
started doing this with its extensions and packaged apps (see
<http://blog.chromium.org/2012/02/more-secure-extensions-by-default.html>).
 You might want to do something similar.

Adam