Raymond Forbes <rfor...@mozilla.com> wrote:

Hi,
If I'd been asked to design something like this, I think I'd have tried a
mechanism where the signing nodes locally generate a key and CSR daily and
get the root node to sign it. Whereas this design seems to generate daily
keys centrally then distribute them.

Assuming I've understood correctly, and just as a lesson in security
design, I'm intrigued if there's an obvious problem with my approach, or a
particular benefit to this design? (security, ease of implementation,
operationally?)

Off the top of my head, both have difficulties identifying the nodes to
either allow to request a key signing, or checking nodes to distribute to.

Cheers,
David