A group of us at Berkeley put together some information that you might find
helpful:

   - *Frequency stats. * We crawled ~188,000 Android apps (a little over
   half the Market) to see how often different permissions are requested.
   - *User opinions.*  We ran a MTurk study asking users how upset they
   would be if an application performed a negative action relating to a
   certain type of functionality.  For example: "How would you feel if an
   application shared your photos publicly, without asking you first?" is the
   question pertaining to the risk of a potential "View photo library"
   capability.  We got 3,196 valid responses from a wide variety of people;
   each person saw 12 of 100 questions so each stat represents about 380
   answers.  The "User Opinion" column shows the number of people who says
   they would be "very upset" if a given risk occurred.  For many
   permissions/capabilities, we asked multiple questions about different
   risks; the spreadsheet I'm sharing shows users' responses for the
   "riskiest" of the questions.
   - *Proposal.*  Some suggestions about how the capabilities/permissions
   could be represented to users.  Our primary focus is on avoiding standard
   runtime dialogs and installation warnings.  Instead, we think that most
   things can be handled with notifications, providing ways to "undo" actions
   (e.g., a long press on your wallpaper lets you set it back to the old
   wallpaper to undo an application changing your wallpaper), trusted buttons,
   or various other types of customized UI.  I'm a big fan of Lucas's current
   approach (examining each WebAPI individually and think about specifically
   how that capability/functionality can be represented to users).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArbnZjGhO358dF9WenZMWmVVUENOcWtVM2ZHdjBKQ0E