On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 06:32 -0800, marathi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using NSS 3.12.6. I am trying to add different certs (with
> slightly) different nickname in my db using certutil. However I found,
> that certutil adds them with the same nick name. I have about 130
> certificates in database and it is happening on at least 5 different
> certificates. What I am doing wrong?
>
> certutil -d <PATH TO DB> -A -i 1-OCIO_0x46EACCEC.cer -n '1-OCIO_0x46EACCEC'
> -t "c,c,c"
> Enter Password or Pin for "NSS FIPS 140-2 Certificate DB":
> -bash-3.2$ certutil -L -d <PATH TO DB> | grep -i OCIO
> 1-OCIO_0x46EACCEC                                            c,c,c
> -bash-3.2$ certutil -d <PATH TO DB> -A -i 1-OCIO_0x4A61D147.cer -n
> '1-OCIO_0x4A61D147' -t "c,c,c"
> Enter Password or Pin for "NSS FIPS 140-2 Certificate DB":
> -bash-3.2$ certutil -L -d <PATH TO DB> | grep -i OCIO
> 1-OCIO_0x46EACCEC                                            c,c,c
> 1-OCIO_0x46EACCEC                                            c,c,c

Hi,

sorry for not seeing your message earlier. It would be best to ask your
question on the dev-tech-crypto list, where the NSS developers are
active.

In order to investigate, it will probably be helpful to see more details
about the certificates you are trying to add. Could you send their
dumps?

Thanks
Kai