On 4/5/2013 5:26 PM, jeremy.ral...@gmx.ch wrote:
a comment in nsIContentPolicy.idl says

/* When adding new content types, [...]

My first thought was that it should be enough to look for all files
that #include nsIContentPolicy.h und rebuild the specific subtrees,

Note that nsIContentPolicy is a public contract and that lots of add-ons use it -- you can never rebuild enough to know you haven't broken anything. If Gecko starts doing some new behavior and we add a type it's less likely to break these other uses, but if you create a new type to cover part of an existing category you're more likely to create problems.

Not that it can't be done--we do it every once in a while--but you will need to reach out and announce the impending changes more broadly than the typical isolated new feature.

-Dan Veditz