On 10/10/13 16:35, chris hofmann wrote:
> The one idea that is new here is the idea about paying developers for
> fixing vulnerabilities in the code they work on.  That could create the
> wrong incentives if not managed and tracked properly, setting up the
> possibility of writing code that's insecure, then getting paid to patch
> or improve that code later on.

I suspect that Google are thinking they will avoid that problem because
this program doesn't pay out for fixing individual vulnerabilities, it
pays out for security-improving architectural patches. So yes, maybe you
could design an entire feature insecurely, persuade your co-developers
to let you check it in anyway, and then secure it - but again, the
program is at Google's discretion, so I think you'd get busted.

Gerv