On 7/12/13 1:27 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
What keeps the "X" that is a child of "2" alive?

Interesting question. I had assumed that X's were kept alive by their parents. After all, JS will not try to free things that it doesn't know about (and presumably JS doesn't know about wrapperless nodes at all).

If there is no wrapper created for a node, then the ways that that node can be destroyed seem limited to me (JS can't remove it, since it can't see it without first creating a wrapper). But I could be wrong here.

Patrick