On 7/15/13 3:58 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
For compositing with IFRAMEs, you might want to consider what we do for
multi-process compositing in Gecko. It's somewhat obvious but it seems like
it works well. Each process publishes a layer tree to the compositor. A
layer tree can contain RefLayers, each with a unique ID. A layer tree root
can also be given an ID. The compositor matches roots to RefLayers to build
a complete layer tree which is composited as a whole.

That was basically what we whiteboarded. (I called a RefLayer an IframeProxyLayer but the idea was the same.)

Patrick