On 7/2/14 5:51 AM, Nicolas Silva wrote:
In the "internal buffer" scenario, we don't need to create a new shmem or
swap back and forth between the front and back textures if the compositor
is done uploading the texture. So we have a lock that the content thread
takes when painting and that is released by the compositor after the
texture is uploaded. Next time a tile needs to be painted we only create a
back buffer if the front buffer's lock is still taken, in which case we
copy the front tile's content into the back and repaint the damaged region
(this is the copy-on-write I was referring to).

How do you do this locking and reference counting in a multiprocess scenario?

Patrick