On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 8:26:45 PM UTC-4, wpga...@ncsu.edu wrote:
> Thanks Josh! I will take a look at trying to use a previous version of
> WebSocket, and see if a previous version will be able to compile with the
> hyper included in the current servo setup.
>
> I saw the posts about the upgrade as well, so hopefully when that happens,
> the integration can be upgraded too.
>
> On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 9:56:53 AM UTC-7, Josh Matthews wrote:
> > Oh, and the second answer I mentioned is that we're in the process of
> > upgrading our version of rustc right now, so soon we'll be able to use
> > more recent versions of both hyper and rust-websocket.
> >
> > On 2015-03-12 1:01 PM, William Galliher wrote:
> > > Hello Servo devs,
> > >
> > > We are a team trying to implement the current Rust WebSocket project in to
> > > servo, and we have run in to a bit of a problem. Rust Websocket 0.10.5
> > > (current version) relies on Hyper 0.3.0. Unfortunately, Hyper 0.3.0 relies
> > > on some modules in Rust that don't seem to be present in the current servo
> > > rust version. One, for example, is std::net::SocketAddr, another is
> > > std::marker::PhantomData. Before we attempted to upgrade the version of
> > > Rust that servo is using, however, we were advised to contact the list and
> > > see if you all had any advice or help with getting hyper 0.3.0 to compile
> > > in the current servo build.
> > >
> > > Thanks so much!
> > > William Galliher

Alright, after modifying WebSocket to use the hyper on the servo git, we are
having problems now with bswap 0.1.8, another dependency, not compiling now.
Going to keep trying to compile and we will see what happens.

As a side note, however, do we have a date on the rustc upgrade? It is fairly
important for our project, and since we are a class team, we want to
communicate to our teacher on expectations of progress.