We've recently had two <https://github.com/servo/servo/pull/7845> cases
<https://github.com/servo/servo/issues/7720> where:

   - The spec suggests something which if implemented correctly, would lead
   to inefficiencies
   - Major browsers do not follow that portion of the spec and usually have
   a faster/cleaner implementation which isn't spec-conformant. They usually
   don't match on how it's done, either.
   - Spec bugs on the issue haven't really gotten anywhere

We have three choices here, we can wait indefinitely until the spec gets
fixed, we can implement the spec as is (which require major changes and
affect perf or complexity), or we can hope that nobody relies on this
behaviour (given that it's not followed by major browsers) and implement it
as logically as possible, keeping in line with other browsers (and leaving
a bug open about the spec issue).

Thoughts?
-Manish Goregaokar