On 11/4/15 12:09 PM, Manish Goregaokar wrote:
I'd prefer to avoid diverging from the spec wherever possible -- even if
other browsers disagree (with the spec and with each other)

I think Ms2ger was talking about cases in which the spec disagrees with all browsers, who agree with each other.

In which case, chances are the spec is just wrong. Unless it has an explicit note about how it's purposefully disagreeing with the world because it thinks it's better that way. In which case it may still be wrong, of course.

Note that there are obvious and fundamental bugs in specs all the time. Pretty much any time I look at a spec for anything at all complicated I find a few. :(

-Boris