On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 4:50 AM, Emilio Cobos Álvarez <ecoa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here are the initial measurements that Cameron and Bobby took initially
> for Wikipedia and the HTML spec when prototyping Stylo:
>
>  * http://people.mozilla.org/%7Ebholley/stylo-london-2016/
> wikipedia-annotated.png
>  * http://people.mozilla.org/%7Ebholley/stylo-london-2016/
> spec-annotated.png
>
> That's for a full-page restyle. Now there's a bunch of work going on to
> make incremental restyling even more awesome :)
>
> There was a spreadsheet somewhere with more numbers, and more details
> about how the measurement was done (though the rough version IIRC is:
> delaying styling until the document was loaded for Stylo, and forcing a
> full-document restyle on stock Gecko), but I can't find the link right
> now, I've CC'd them.

The spreadsheet is at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jwoH0B6kxYUp-a_OH147xz9IQHYJJW1D9CY8F9aLb0Y/edit#gid=0
. It's pretty old and rough though. We should have better numbers on stylo
once we get incremental restyle done.

As for the original question of "how much page load time is spent in the
style system", the answer depends a lot on the page. A rough heuristic I've
heard quoted is that it's half of layout, though after looking at various
measurements I think it may be a bit less than that on average. Hard to say
though.