On 10/10/2017 10:34, Paul Rouget wrote:
Does it make sense to make it so that Servo does do any disk IO and
delegate everything to the embedder?

For example, on Android, reading the resources file is hacky because
we have to copy the files at startup to the sdcard.
Not because we can't have resources files in the apk, but because
servo needs a full path, when android provides streams.

To solve the resources issue on Android, we could just expose a
specific API to read the resource files, but if we agree
that Servo should not do any disk IO itself, we would go for a more
generic approach.

Embedding the resource files in the binary as discussed in https://github.com/servo/servo/issues/15635#issuecomment-298699103 should solve this, right?

Is there more disk I/O other than that and navigating to a file:// URL?

(By the way, to do we disallow access to file: from http: and other URL schemes?)

--
Simon Sapin