We're interested in doing the experiment of how to increase the amount of
determinism in a program like Servo where almost all the nondeterminism
that's observable by Servo has a single cause (in Servo's case selecting on
channels). There'll still be a lot of nondeterminism in the system (e.g.
dependencies like rayon that do their own thread management) but hopefully
not much that's observable within Servo, and in particular not much that
causes intermittent WPT test failure. If this experiment works, there's
then the question of what the overhead is compared to something like rr, my
guess is that it'll be lower, but rr is very very good at its job, so it
may be a hard target to beat!

Alan.