Hello all, I am trying to sign javascript files and running into some
issues. Hopefully someone can point me into the right direction.

I did obtain a code signing certificate from Certum. They issue the
certificate as part of a chain: certum root CA -> certum level I ->
mycert.

I created a cert db with the certutils prg:
1. certutil.exe -N -d

I have three cer files: one for each cert in the chain. Since certum
root ca is already contained in the list of root certs, I do not bother

to import this one. However, I do import certum level I and mysert:
2. certutil.exe -A -t Cu -n "Certum Level I" -i certum1.cer -d .
3. certutil.exe -A -t u -n "mycert" -i mycert.cer -d .

I attempt to sign a javascript file and it fails. A check with signtool

-l -d . reveals that the cert is not valid:

H:\keys\code sign>c:signtool -l -d .
using certificate directory: .

Object signing certificates
---------------------------------------
mycert
    Issued by: Certum Level I (Certum Level I)
    Expires: Thu Oct 26, 2006
    ++ Error ++ THIS CERTIFICATE IS NOT VALID (Certificate Authority
certificate
 invalid)
For a list including CA's, use "signtool -L"

I assume I am doing something wrong on the import since these certs are

chained. I know that the certs are good as they seem to be accepted by
the microsoft certificate manager. I am banging my head against my
keyboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
Christian

Reply ยป     Rate this post:  Text for clearing space